Monday, June 29, 2009

Proud To Be A.....

I'm proud to be an American, check out my background: you digg? It's really to represent all that is cool about the U S of A. Truly we get to do a lot of kick ass things here in America. Like the artist Flobot's "Handlebar" song chimes:



"I can handout a million vaccinations Or let em all die from exasperations Have 'em all healed from their lacerations Or have em all killed by assassinations I can make anybody go to prison Just because I don't like 'emI can do anything with no permission I have it all under my command because I can guide a missile by satellite By satellite By satellite And I can hit a target through a telescope Through a telescope Through a telescope"



^^ I think this verse gets to the real meaning of the song ^^

Yes, I interpret almost all songs. So Each verse in handlebars gets more meaningful, sure it starts out silly, but it ties altogether with very deep song\message.
Or am I reading into the song too much? Hell either way the beat is sicc!


 
This song to me is America. As American's we can do acts a little as go to the store (little), or start a business (big), but just know we can do it and we dont think twice about it because we have that liberty to do so. Also the song I feel is about humanity and how we have the "power" to do such grave things or make little effect on our environment: Tie my shoe\ let them all die. Gentle to the very Extreme:


I think Handlebars by flobots is a very patriotic song. If nothing else it has a sicc beat!


So Happy Early 4th of July!

















And do something Patriotic Why Don't Ya?!  Maybe Tie Your Shoe?



 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment