Friday, August 14, 2009

Kitchen Corner Recipes: Creating Whole Wheat Pizza

Photobucket 

My Very First Homemade Pizza: Yay Me!

Sorry for the yellow picture, I took this pic in the kitchen I should have either changes settings on the camcorder or took the pic else where. I'll remember to change the picture setting next go around. I "fix" the darkness of this picture using photoshop: I didnt get such great resultsAlso I made this pizza in my beloved Nu Wave! I love my Nu Wave: It cooks all my foods in less time than the oven <- Get a load of me, I sound like an infomercial


I used the Whole Wheat Dough Recipe on All Recipe.com: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Whole-Wheat-and-Honey-Pizza-Dough/Detail.aspx), and picked up some ingreidents fast from a quick store run: This was definitely a spur of the moment baking idea

I think I used a little too much salt while making the whole wheat dough........ I Misread the measurements: OOPs, and if you saying wow how hard is it to READ: Hey I was very upset with myself for this simple mistake! The dough actually came out flavorful with a taste of salt: nobody really notice the salt, besides maybe their internal organs begging for water! I'll read the measurements twice next time to avoid this mishap.

Besides that, my homemade pizza taste better than any pizza chain store pizza, better tasting than a New York slice, mmmm, maybe not: I can't get over the delicious thin lusciousness of a NY slice of pizza

Ingredients I used

This recipe is for 3-4, I'm feeding 5-6 mouths Plus Enough for Seconds***Kroger Whole Wheat
Unbleached Flour (2 Cups)

Fleischmann's RapidRise Highly Active Yeast 1\3 OZ. (Two Packages)

Bertolli Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Dark Green Oil)

Honey

Calbot Seriously Sharp Cheddar Cheese 8 OZ. (1 Package)
Polly-O Mozzarella Cheese 8 OZ. (1 Package)

The Pizza Sauce: Newmans Own Marinara (Industrial Strenght)
8" Non Stick Pan: The Dough stretched only to 9" so I decided to make a thick crustMy Rating (Unbiased) Of Course: 4 out of 5

The Whole Wheat Dough: Well most whole wheat dough to me has a meaty taste, it was soft, chewy, and good! Maybe that's why nobody notice the saltiness (beside maker of the pizza: ) because of the meaty taste of the dough.

The Oil: I decided to use Bertolli Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Dark Green Oil)
The Sauce: Delicious, not garlicky nor overloaded with herbs or onions: thick and well balance

The Cheese was on point: Delicious and tasty

All in all, I'm neither discourage nor excited to make another pizza pie, unless there's a personal request (Which there was today, lol), for another pie: , so I'll tweak the recipes since the dough made only a 9" thin dough pie. I was thinking more of a 12" or 16" inch pizza so everybody can be satisfied with one slice but goes back for another purely for the taste!

No comments:

Post a Comment