Thursday, July 9, 2009

Food Combing and The Alkaline Diet

It's been over three months of me obsessing over what regimen I would like to start, either: food combining and or a high alkaline diet. It doesnt takes much for me to start anything I'm interested in, but I guess I'm making sure I'm mentally ready to start and continue eating a certain way for at least 3 months. I know 3 months isn't a lifestyle of healthy living, but I want to see what regimen is best for me.




Now I know some say if the blood isnt tested for high levels of acidity then eating alkaline foods arent enough. I say It's better than nothing, for now anyway....






So I have unofficially started two weeks ago The Alkaline Diet to balance my very out unbalance body. I bought ph strips to test my acidity levels: Urine & Saliva, making sure I check both, my saliva could be acidic, while my urine reads alkaline.



I'm eating High alkaline foods and low acidic foods, and I have notice a difference in my complexion, digestion, and appetite: All good I should add.



I stocked up of fruits, veggies, and almonds: Organic when I have the money


And I got my pen and pad out making sure I take notes to see how my body's adjusting to eating this way. I stay away from or eat a little as possible Rice, Potatoes, Corn Etc: Acidic foods







I eat a lot of Fruit and Veggies that are low acidic such as: Apples, cherry, strawberries, blueberries, melons, organic spinach, organic baby carrots, broccoli, lima beans.

I researched eating beans on a high alkaline diet; I learn that beans are very acidic! I love ma beans: give the latina a break! Black beans, kidney beans, I love BEANS.

And no I do Not get gassy (I know, too much info), I love beans and do not experience what many joke: is the "musical fruit". Since legumes are highly acidic I'm sticking to the green types of beans: lima beans, green beans



The Alkaline diet I feel is easy to remember what to eat, I eat 80% fruit, veggies, and nuts: Almonds, and limit starchy foods: simple enough. Food combining is a different story for me, call me slow but I find it difficult pair up fruits I like to eat, or protien all in one meal.

I mean its very similar to an alkaine diet, but then, its not I find myself getting extremely hungry with food combing. I think my body digest the food i'm combining very quickly leaving me VERY hungry. Since I have to wait at least 2-4 hours in between, thats not cool, I have self control but I do not like my body feeling weird, hungry, or both!


I do have "before" pictures (pre-alkaline reggie): I'll post them once I shape my "post alkaline body", lol



Oh Yea: I heard eating too many fruit makes a person fat: Great... Its offical I'm confused


Cool Website:
Raw Foodie
http://www.giveittomeraw.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment