Tuesday, July 7, 2009

L-O-V-E & Relationships



 Created:  7-7-09

Do you believe in love?

Yes?

No?

I'm not sure if I do, I remember having a discussion (discussion I sound like an old fogey), fogey who the hell says foggy? Anyway I was talking with my sis while watching some movie I think titanic or some olden day movie when love supposedly was "true".

She said: Thats when love was true, and you love someone for who they were because no one really "had" things back in the day

I says: No, not really since many people only live to their 30's (that was consider, a ripe old age), and many marriage was arranged (if wealthy) and was arranged based on what the man status. Women married because of tradition more importantly what a man could offer.
<- I'm not stating this the way I want to, but I hope you know what I'm getting at.

I was thinking about how people get into relationships and how many are based on untruths.

Like on the Simpsons Moe was talking to this lady on the internet, he was afraid to send a picture of himself, but in the end he sent his picture anyway saying: "I cant start the relationship on a lie, lies comes later on in the relationship".

As funny as that statement is, it's also true and irritating because thats how many people operate in relationships.


And speaking of relationships whats up with Kayne West song: "Love Lock Down"


This verse to me is so true:

So you never know, never never know

"Never know enough,

'til it's over, love

'Til we lose control,

system overload

Screamin', "No, no, no, n-no! "


My interpretation of this single verse is: Women love man to the extreme but she truly doesnt know enough about him (to love him to this extent) or

loves him but is blinded by her "love" for him so she "over love" him or love him to the point where she find flaws or find out some bad isht about him

the chick ends up pissed as hell

If this is how you understood the lyrics: big ups, though if your saying what the hell am I talking about what?


I think thats exactly how kanye west meant for the lyrics to be viewed: if not then oops I "over" interpret...


But again the whole song annoys me, because its truly a mans ode:


1. Being confused as hell, but not confused enough to actually leave the relationship


2. then have the nerve to tell the women to choose if she wants him or the relationship at all: not taking any responsibility for his actions or emotions


3. And last but not least pushing the lady away, stating I dont need you, cause I can do bad all by myself and your turning me into someone I dont wish to be (aka a better person) or a man whos say what he means and do as he says. And that is why Love Lock Down annoys me: It truly is a guy feelings put into lyrics: UGH!


So I am rambling, I really dont know if I believe in love, maybe everyone is here (on earth) to use people to get a certain feeling, because it seems to me love doesnt last; and working at the relationship no one seems to want to do.


This era of time everyone is for themselves: own car, apartment, money: independance: what is a relationship truly for? And if its just to have the title, then in many people minds sideline relationship are ok, though many have to lie to their partner (main girl guy) to maintain the down low relationship flawlessly.



So I'm Asking

Wheres the Love?

Kings of Leon Wants to "Use Somebody": But in a Good Way

I'm really feeling this song,  its catchy after the loud intro

No comments:

Post a Comment